Hard to believe, but it’s time again for the annual NACD Board Leadership Conference, held in the Washington, D.C. metro area. At this event, which is the largest of its kind in the United States, there will be a record crowd—1,000+ attendees. While attendees will see much of what they’ve come to expect from the NACD Board Leadership Conference—outstanding programming, venue, and speakers—here’s what’s new at the 2013 event:
- The release of the new Blue Ribbon Commission report and the 2013–2014 NACD Public Company Governance Survey. Every conference attendee will receive a copy of this year’s Report of the NACD Blue Ribbon Commission Report on Talent Development: A Boardroom Imperative. Also available is this year’s public company governance survey, an analysis of more than 1,000 responses from those in public company boardrooms.
- This year’s conference will kick off with an address from NACD Chair Reatha Clark King, and close with Eileen Claussen and Jeffrey E. Sterba on “Eye of the Storm: The New Face of Global Risk.” The two-day event will feature Raj Sisodia on “conscious capitalism,” former Olympus President and CEO Michael Woodford, and Securities and Exchange Commission Chair Mary Jo White.
- To enhance your experience at the conference, we will have session recaps posted on the NACD Blog. Keep this link—and follow us at @NACD and #NACDBLC—handy as we’ll continually update it throughout the conference, adding articles, videos, and other data from each session.
- Visit the new Social Media Lab at this year’s conference for a hands-on, one-on-one, or small group experience with the latest technologies, tools, and trends guided by social media-savvy experts. The Social Media Lab has something for everyone—expert-led talks on issues that affect the boardroom, opportunities to explore some of the newest sites/applications, and an expert tech team ready to help install and use the latest tools on your own device.
- Join Deborah Sherwood for her Story Circles session regarding the secret lives of America’s first ladies; hear Linda Alvarez discuss a revolutionary new way to approach contract negotiations; or hear crisis guru Judy Smith (the inspiration for the hit ABC show “Scandal”) dissect the anatomy of crisis management and prevention.
- And lastly, have the NACD 2013 Board Leadership Conference available at your fingertips! In an effort to provide our attendees with instant access to all event information, we have created an easy connection: our NACD 2013 smartphone app. To download, search “NACD BLC 13” in the app store on your mobile device.