On Track at Conference: Use Learning Tracks to Maximize Your Breakout Session Options
This October, the 2014 NACD Board Leadership Conference: Beyond Borders will offer exclusive learning resources, unique networking opportunities, engaging peer exchanges, and nearly 100 breakout sessions. And to optimize your time with us, we’ve created a new track system to help you navigate the robust agenda to what interests you most.
So how does the track system work? Whatever your interests–from social media and technology, to audit and regulatory issues, addressing emerging risks, and more–you’ll find educational sessions that meet your specific professional development needs. Just select your categories of interest, and you’ll see which of our many sessions align best with what you’re looking for.
There are 11 tracks to choose from, but there’s no need to commit to just one. You’ll note that some sessions may even fall under more than one category.
- Risk – sessions include Cybersecurity and the Boardroom and Corporate Sustainability: The Board’s Role.
- Compensation – sessions include The Unintended Consequences of Proxy Advisors and Shareholder Engagement: The New Normal.
- Nominating and Governance – sessions include CEO Succession Planning and The Effective Chairman and Lead Director.
- NACD Directorship 2020® – sessions include Geopolitical Risk and The Board’s Role in Innovation.
- Future Trends – sessions include The Internet of Everything and Meet the Disruptors.
- Social Media & Technology – sessions include Surviving Corporate Crisis in a Socially Networked World and Social Media: Regulatory and Practical Pitfalls.
- Global – sessions include Trade and Business in North America and Translating Corporate Culture Across Borders.
- Story Circle – sessions include The Mindfulness Revolution and Stories of Pushing Past Personal Limits.
- Audit and Regulatory – sessions include Your 10-K and Proxy in the Age of Transparency and Inside the SEC: Anatomy of an Agency.
- Private Company – sessions include How Family Owned Companies Use Boards for Critical Choices and The Challenges of a Private vs. Public Company.
- Small-Cap Company – sessions include Growth Strategies for the Small-Cap Director and Building the Small-Cap Board.
These learning track program options and our peer-exchange roundtables will help you meet other directors who serve similar industries, organizations, and committees–and share your boardroom concerns.
The NACD Board Leadership Conference takes place October 12-14 at the Gaylord National Resort in National Harbor, Md.–just minutes from downtown Washington, D.C. Reserve your seat today before prices go up on September 16!