Call for Nominations
NACD has opened nominations for Director of the Year and the B. Kenneth West Lifetime Achievement Award. These two honors recognize outstanding corporate directors who have made a meaningful impact in the boardroom.
An exemplary director acts with integrity and courage in complex, often risky situations. Honored directors have demonstrated dedication to the improvement of corporate governance practices, and have cultivated a reputation as a leader among peers in the business community. By recognizing those directors who are dedicated to the success of the companies, boards, and shareholders they serve, NACD hopes to raise the bar for all directors.
Nominees are evaluated on four key attributes based on the principles of director professionalism: integrity, mature confidence, informed judgment and high performance standards. Winners have demonstrated these principles in a variety of ways, including:
- Showing the highest personal and professional ethical standards;
- Valuing board and team performance over individual performance;
- Acting in ways that have guided their company in maintaining consistent long-term profitability,
- Improving shareholder returns, and/or dealing effectively with a crisis or other major change;
- And fostering an environment of constant improvement of strategic goals, performance and innovation.
In 2010, the following directors were honored:
Nonprofit Director of the Year was awarded to Josh Bekenstein, managing director Bain Capital, co-chair of New Profit, director of Dana Farber Cancer Institute, City Year, Horizons for Homeless Children and New Leaders for New Schools.
To learn more about nomination criteria or to nominate a director, visit www.NACDonline.org/DOY or email D100@NACDonline.org. Nominees will be accepted from NACD constituents—including previous award recipients, NACD chapter leaders, advisors and members. Winners will be publicly recognized at the NACD Directorship100 Forum Awards Gala on November 8, 2011 at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel in New York City. The deadline for nominations is May 31.