Read through this year’s most downloaded resources to see what directors found useful in 2012.
- Governance Challenges—2012 and Beyond: Featuring the guidance and thought leadership from six of NACD’s strategic content partners, this publication offers a forward-looking perspective on the issues dominating boardroom discussion. Topics covered range from ten to-do’s for audit committees and the basics of compensation to board preparations for crisis situations.
- Bridging Effectiveness Gaps: A Candid Look at Board Practices: To combat the risk of asymmetric information, NACD partnered with McGladrey to host four small gatherings—at NACD chapter locations across the nation—of executives and directors in an effort to find ways of improving the communication and relationships between the board and C-suite. From these candid conversations, this white paper was created.
- Audit Committee Annual Evaluation of the External Auditor: This tool is the result of a collaborative effort of organizations dedicated to strengthen audit committee performance and transparency. It was also referenced in NACD President and CEO Ken Daly’s remarks during the October 2012 PCAOB Roundtable on mandatory audit firm rotation. This tool is scalable and specifically includes an examination of the auditor’s independence, objectivity, and professional skepticism.
- 2012 Risk Oversight Advisory Council Summary of Proceedings: The inaugural meeting of the NACD Advisory Council on Risk Oversight met telephonically during one of the worst hurricanes to hit the eastern seaboard in a century. During the abbreviated meeting, discussion focused on two areas: allocating the work of risk oversight and the new paradigm of reputational risk for corporations today.
- 2012 Nominating/Governance Committee Chair Advisory Council Summary of Proceedings: The third annual meeting of the NACD Nominating/Governance Committee Chair Advisory Council reinforced the sentiment that nominating and governance committees are navigating an increasingly challenging environment. The Council focused on how nominating and governance committees are revisiting their director evaluation and succession processes in the context of both new regulations and the rapidly changing global markets.
Tags: audit, board c-suite relations, compensation, crisis, external auditor evaluation, Governance challenges, information asymmetry, Ken Daly, Mandatory Audit Firm Rotation, McGladrey, PCAOB, Risk Oversight Advisory Council, White paper