Here are some of 2012’s most popular NACD Blog posts as measured by unique page views.
- Self-Reflection: Three Questions Boards Must Answer. Three essential questions drive the assessment process.
- PCAOB Weighs Pros and Cons of Mandatory Audit Firm Rotation. Alex Mandl, chairman of Dell’s audit committee, spoke on behalf of NACD at the PCAOB’s public meeting last March to share the director perspective.
- Five Boardroom Deficiencies: Early Warning Signals. At NACD’s Director Professionalism course in Charlotte, N.C., faculty member Michael Pocalyko listed the five boardroom deficiencies he has observed in almost every recent corporate failure.
- Undertaking an Honest Self-Assessment: Is Your Board Aligned? How boards conduct the assessments starting with the questions in post #1.
- Five Takeaways From Conference. The five takeaways from the 2012 Annual Board Leadership Conference, according to NACD’s Research team.
- Alphabet Soup: A Director’s Guide to Financial Literacy and the ABCs of Accounting and Auditing. Alexandra Lajoux’s guide to the seven roadblocks that impede understanding of accounting and auditing standards.
- An Update From the SEC. A mid-year update on SEC rules largely affecting the compensation committee.
- Five Guiding Points for Directors in the Digital Age of Corporate Governance. Former BD Chairman and CEO Ed Ludwig’s fundamentals for achieving sustainable long-term shareholder value creation.
- NACD Spearheads Alternative Solution to Mandatory Audit Firm Rotation. The collaborative effort to develop an alternative solution to PCAOB’s proposed rule mandating audit firm rotation.
- PCAOB’s Proposed Mandatory Audit Firm Rotation Misses the Point. NACD President and CEO Ken Daly on why mandating audit firm rotation will not necessarily improve auditor independence and objectivity.
Tags: accounting, Alex Mandl, Alexandra Lajoux, Annual Board Leadership Conference, audit committee, auditing, BD, board evaluation, compensation committee, Dell, Director Professionalism, Ed Ludwig, Ken Daly, Mandatory Audit Firm Rotation, Michael Pocalyko, PCAOB, SEC